The Ultimate Luxury Getaway to Asheville, NC
Asheville has long been a place of respite, relaxation and recreation. From the historic grandeur at Biltmore Estate to high-end spas and wellness experiences to luxury hotels and mountain resorts, Asheville and the surrounding Blue Ridge Mountains are a welcoming place rooted in tradition and growing in innovation. From the moment you arrive, Asheville's fresh mountain air will seed your relaxation and lure you to unforgettable experiences that you cannot find anywhere else.
Looking for your next luxury vacation? Check out these ways you can treat yourself on your next trip to the North Carolina mountains.
Fine Dining Restaurants in Asheville, NC
When visiting Asheville, no trip is complete without treating yourself to a delicious dinner and night out on the town. Fortunately, Asheville is home to an award-winning food scene, including two James Beard Award-winning restaurants. Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, anniversary or a romantic date night, check out these high-end restaurants near Asheville.
- Cucina 24 – This top Italian spot located in the heart of downtown Asheville offers a charming atmosphere and delicious shareable small plates crafted by James Beard Award-nominated Chef Brian Canipelli. Order a la carte or splurge with the four-course dinner menu.
- Sunset Terrace – Known as one of the best date night places in Asheville, the Sunset Terrace at the Omni Grove Park Inn is one of the only places in town where you can savor your food and sunsets at the same time. In addition to the romantic vibe, the Inn’s food is nothing short of amazing, earning more than 15 AAA Four Diamond Awards.
- Jargon – Located in the heart of West Asheville, Jargon prides itself with seasonal, high-quality dishes. Cozy up inside the historic building or dine al fresco on their outdoor back patio. Be sure to pair your dinner with a bottle from their impeccable wine list, which recently won the 2022 Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator.
- Glass Onion – If you are looking to escape the crowds of downtown Asheville, then head north to the quaint town of Weaverville and enjoy an evening out at Glass Onion, a hidden gem specializing in global Italian cuisine. Fan favorites include local trout, scallops, seafood ravioli, as well as their sinful Southern coconut cake.
Asheville's Luxury Spas, Shopping & Experiences
There are plenty of ways to pamper yourself in the Asheville area. From luxury spa treatments and private tours to high-fashion shopping sprees, take a look at some of the top ways to splurge on self-care in Asheville.
- Splurge-worthy Spas – Asheville is home to some of the top spas in the country. Immerse yourself in the 40,000 square-foot underground spa at The Omni Grove Park Inn or unwind inside a tranquil cave made of solely natural materials at the Asheville Salt Cave. Treat your toes to a foot soak at Wake Foot Sanctuary in the Grove Arcade or float weightless at Still Point Wellness. Looking for an in-room hotel spa offering? Book an individual or couples’ massage with Urban Exhale’s team of expert therapists as part of your stay at Kimpton Hotel Arras.
- Boutique Shopping – Asheville’s shopping scene runs the gamut in high-end fashion experiences. Spend a day at the Grove Arcade where you’ll find sophisticated furniture, Italian designer clothing and handcrafted art. Across town, enjoy the mix of historic charm and modern wares in Biltmore Village, featuring high-end boutiques, fine art and nationally recognized designer clothing stores. If you want a more local experience, hit the stores of Lexington Avenue downtown, a unique collection of locally owned boutiques, gift shops and galleries.
- Biltmore Grandeur – Elegance and grandeur abound at George Vanderbilt’s French Renaissance castle Biltmore. For a more intimate experience, book a private guided tour and explore from the perspectives of the Vanderbilts’ very first guests. If you’re feeling more adventurous, navigate Biltmore’s 8,000-acre backyard with the Land Rover® Experience. Then, round out your visit with an indulgent Chocolate & Red Wine Tasting at Biltmore’s Antler Hill Village Winery, featuring locally produced artisan chocolates paired with Biltmore’s award-winning red wine.
- Private Tours – Experience Asheville’s art, culinary and outdoors scenes first-hand from some of the area’s leading experts. Customize your Asheville experience by booking a private tour. Go on an artist-led studio tour through Asheville’s vibrant arts scene with Art Connections or head out into nature for some yoga and waterfalls with Namaste in Nature. Need more inspiration? Leave the planning to Asheville’s travel experts with Bespoke Travel and Lumen Concierge.
Asheville, NC's Luxury Hotels, Cabins and Resorts
From luxury mountain resorts to high-end hotels and luxury cabins, there are endless high-end places to stay in Asheville. Some of Asheville’s luxury hotels have a long history of entertaining famous guests while others were built for modern-day royalty.
- Biltmore Legacy – Live like the Vanderbilt’s at the Inn on Biltmore Estate and recharge in their heated outdoor pool or on-site spa. Just outside the Estate's gates in Biltmore Village, enjoy five-star cuisine and amenities at the Grand Bohemian or a charming hilltop bed & breakfast at the Biltmore Village Inn.
- Downtown Luxury Hotels – Downtown Asheville is sprawling with unique accommodations and luxurious lodging options. Surround yourself with sky-high views and modern amenities at the Kimpton Hotel Arras or soak in the industrious chic vibe of the Foundry Hotel. If a more intimate experience is your style, check out the luxury suites at the historic Windsor Boutique Hotel.
- Bed & Breakfasts and Cabins – Let the peace and serenity of Asheville wash over you by booking a B&B or mountain cabin. Check out the Montford district just outside of downtown, where you will find some of Asheville's oldest B&Bs that have been meticulously maintenance with added modern-day amenities. If a mountain cabin is more your style, Yonder Luxury Vacation Rentals and Asheville Luxury Cottages will make you feel right at home. Stay in the treetops at Treehouses of Serenity or along the French Broad river at Wrong Way River Lodge & Cabins.