Halloween Fun in Asheville
Get into the Halloween spirit in Asheville with great events that offer spooky fun for all ages.
2019 Haunted Tours and Halloween Experiences in Asheville
- LaZoom Haunted Comedy Tour-- Ongoing -- You'll laugh! You'll scream! The content on the Haunted Comedy Tour is adult-oriented and not for the faint of heart or easily offended. Tours are for ages 17+.
- Haunted Asheville Tours -- Ongoing -- The tours were developed by renowned paranormal expert and TV personality Joshua P. Warren and are the only tours to include admission to the Asheville Mystery Museum, located in the basement of the Asheville Masonic Temple.
- Dark Ride Tours -- Ongoing -- Hop aboard Lenore, the haunted 1970s-ers hearse that is the spooky centerpiece of these tours.
- Haunted History and Murder Mystery Trolley Ghost Tour -- Gray Line Trolley, October through mid-November -- More than an hour of ghoulish delights across Asheville, all from the comfort of their iconic red trolleys.
- Eliada’s Annual Corn Maze -- Eliada Home, September 14-October 27 -- Annual family-friendly corn maze.
- Ghost Hunters of Asheville -- Ongoing -- Two different walking tours allow you to get up close and personal to Asheville history and ghost stories.
- Downtown Black Mountain Historic Haunted House Tour -- Black Mountain, October 25-26 -- The Swannanoa Valley Museum celebrates Black Mountain's 125th birthday with a haunted walking tour of downtown Black Mountain.
- Ghost Train -- Tweetsie Railroad, September 20-October 26 -- It's scary fun for the whole family. Experience Halloween shows, trick-or-treating or a ride on the Ghost Train.
2019 Asheville Halloween-Themed Shows and Performances
- Fright Night -- Thomas Wolfe Auditorium, October 19 -- A ghoulish program featuring a rare performance of the original Night on Bald Mountain. Plus, Elvis is in the building playing a bassoon.
- The Horror Show: Tales from the Red Room -- The Magnetic Theatre, October 24-26 -- The Horror Show is a theatrical homage to cinematic horror anthologies, featuring eerie, tense and terrifying one-act plays written by some of Asheville's most innovative writers.
- The Addams Family a New Musical -- Hendersonville Community Theatre, October 18-November 3 -- The Addams kids are growing up. In one fateful, hilarious night, secrets are disclosed, relationships are tested, and the Addams family must face up to change.
- Halloween Spooktacular Land of Sky Symphonic -- White Horse Black Mountain, October 31 -- Music and Halloween fun with the Land of Sky Symphonic band.
2019 Asheville Family-Friendly Halloween Events
- Make Your Own Glass Pumpkin in 30 Minutes -- North Carolina Glass Center, September through November daily -- Work with a talented, experienced artist instructor to craft your very own pumpkin that will serve as a glass keepsake for years to come.
- Howl-O-Ween -- WNC Nature Center, October 26 -- Festival offers spooky arts and crafts, games, face painting, a hay maze and educational animal encounters.
- Halloweenfest -- Downtown Brevard, October 26 -- Arrive in costume ready to enjoy food and craft vendors, games, music, trick-or-treating, the pet costume contest and the pumpkin carving contest.
- Pumpkin Fest -- Silvermont (Brevard, NC), October 11-26 (select dates) -- Family-friendly fun with beautiful lighted pumpkin trails, music, games, storytelling, face painting, white squirrel scavenger hunt, historic mansion and food.
- Halloween in the Treetops -- Adventure Center of Asheville, October 26 -- Trails will be illuminated to give climbing the obstacles a new perspective. More than 15,000 lights plus lasers will create a mystical tree climbing experience.
- NOCtoberfest -- Nantahala Outdoor Center, October 26 -- Highlights include pumpkin decorating, costume contests, live music, and the Great Pumpkin Pursuit.
- Halloween 5k & Family Fun Run -- Reems Creek-Beech Presbyterian, Nov. 2 -- Proceeds benefit Habitat for Humanity.
- The Haunted Trail -- Pisgah Brewing Company, October 24-28 -- Live actors, spooky sounds and spectacular props along the Trail lead to the party at Pisgah Park with Halloween crafts, contests, local food vendors and Pisgah Beer on tap for grown-ups.
- October Movie Series -- Bold Rock Mills River, October -- Choose a seat on the porch, at a picnic table or bring a blanket to enjoy spooky movies including, "Beetlejuice" (October 10), "Ghostbusters" (October 17) and "Hocus Pocus!" (October 19 and 24).
- 16th Annual Howl-O-Ween Pet Parade -- Black Mountain, October 26 -- Adorable pets in costume parade through downtown Black Mountain with a costume contest to follow.
- Halloween Boo Bash -- Asheville Outlets, October 31 -- Boo Bash will feature multiple trick-or-treating spots at participating retailers, strolling magic, arts and crafts activities, balloon art and strike a pose at the photo spot.
- Spooktacular Soiree -- Haiku I Do, October 31 -- New dance venue in Biltmore Village hosts a costume party and two dance floors. Free for families and trick or treating from 6-8 p.m. Event is 21+ after 9 p.m.
2019 Asheville Grown-Up (21+) Halloween Fun
- Illanthropy & Friends: An Immersive Halloween Experience -- Asheville Music Hall, October 25 -- Art installations, live performances spanning several genres and an extended illanthropy set to open the portal to the astral plane.
- Into the Abyss Halloween Bash -- Urban Orchard Cider South Slope, October 26 -- Deck yourself out in your best underwater ware and celebrate Halloween and Urban Cider's 6th anniversary! There will be live DJs throughout the day/evening.
- Pack's Tavern Annual Halloween Bash -- Pack's Tavern, October 26 -- Dance to current and classic hits with Flashback. Cash prizes for the best costumes.
- Unknown Hinson's Halloween Extravaganza with Barnyard Stompers -- The Grey Eagle, October 31 -- Mysterious rockabilly icon performs
- Dirty Logic -- Isis Restaurant and Music Hall, October 31 -- Band plays the music of Steely Dan
- Travers Brothership Halloween Party -- Asheville Music Hall, October 31 -- Brothers playing soulful, bluesy, rock n'roll spun in psychedelic jam.
- Halloween Party and Costume Contest -- Vintage Kava (Weaverville), October 31 -- Three awesome prizes to be given out to the best costume.
- Haunted House and Monster Mash -- Fleetwood's, October 31 -- Cool rock-n-roll wedding chapel transforms into a Haunted House in the week leading up to Halloween with a Monster Mash Dance Party on Halloween eve.