Halloween Fun in Asheville
Get into the Halloween spirit in Asheville with great events that offer spooky fun for all ages. Here are Halloween events in Asheville for 2022!
As you get into the spirit of the season, enjoy the fall leaf peeping! Check out our latest fall color report.
Learn about 5 haunted Asheville adventures by reading our roundup of haunted tours or choose from these great Halloween events and activities:
Haunted Tours and Halloween Experiences in Asheville
- LaZoom Haunted Comedy Tour – You'll laugh! You'll scream! Grab a local beer and hop on the Big Purple Bus for a hilarious guided tour of Asheville's most ghostly stories. Plus, every Saturday in October, LaZoom will host their special Lil Boogers: Halloweenies Tour – a one hour history comedy ride featuring ghoulish figures that are appropriate for the whole family.
- Haunted Asheville Tours – Developed by renowned paranormal expert and TV personality Joshua P. Warren, these are the only tours to include admission to the Asheville Mystery Museum, located in the basement of the Asheville Masonic Temple.
- Haunted History and Murder Mystery Trolley Ghost Tour – Hosted by Gray Line Trolley, experience more than an hour of ghoulish delights across Asheville, all from the comfort of their iconic red trolleys. (April through mid-Nov.)
- Ghost Hunters of Asheville – Two different walking tours allow you to get up close and personal to Asheville history and ghost stories.
- Haunted Self-guided Driving Trail – What is it that gives Asheville so many ghost stories? Tales of the haunted, the creepy, the eerie, and the outright macabre mark the landscape here with sites that locals love - or fear. The WNC Historical Association at the Smith-McDowell House created a 22.5 mile self-guided driving tour for you to enjoy.
Asheville Halloween-Themed Shows, Events and Exhibits
Monster's Ball: Costume Contest & Party at Asheville Beauty Academy; October 29, 10 p.m. - 2 a.m. – Enjoy a late night party with Glam DJ Ganymede will focus on costume contest, danceable music and cocktail specials. 21+
- Glass Pumpkin Patch at the North Carolina Glass Center; Sept. 16 - Oct. 31 – Stop by to pick out your very own hand blown glass pumpkin from the carefully curated patch. And stick around to check out additional handmade fall items and all of the harvest fun. Every purchase helps support the non-profit North Carolina Glass Center, as well as 30+ local glass artists.
- The Frankenstein Rubrics at The Magnetic Theatre; October 7 - 22 (Thursdays - Sundays) – Just in time for Halloween, experience The Magnetic Theatre's play, The Frankenstein Rubrics by David Hopes. This not-to-be-missed spectacle is an intricate telling of an iconic horror story.
- The Rocky Horror Music Show at the Grey Eagle – It's about time for the Time Warp! The Grey Eagle will be hosting a musical retelling of everyone's favorite cult classic on October 21 at 9 p.m. with talented costumed characters and all the classic songs, perfect for audience fun and participation.
- Paint: A Drag Cabaret. Nightmare on Riverside Drive at Getaway River Bar; October 22, 8 p.m. - 1 a.m. – This is a Drag Show with choreography and cabaret numbers followed by Karaoke also hosted by a Drag Queen. The whole night will be Halloween themed, and the cover is $10 (tickets available now) 21+
- Halloween Marquee Masquerade at the Marquee; October 27, 7 p.m. - 12 a.m. Dress as your favorite Hollywood icon and enjoy some fun at the Marquee in the River Arts District.
- Spooky Charcuterie Class at Oak and Grist; October 28, 6:30 p.m. Enjoy some new hosting skills courtesy of Oak and Grist Distilling Company
- Halloween Bash Grand Opening at Over the Selvage; October 28, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Make a Halloween fun by checking out this grand opening event in the South Slope!
- Haunted Castle on the Hill at the Stephens-Lee Community Center; October 28-29, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m. Meet ghouls and ghosts at this can't miss haunted house.
- Halloween Costume Party and Specials at PIE.ZAA; Oct. 28 - 31 – Join in on a big Halloween dance party on Saturday, October 29! During the day, enjoy decorations and spooky Halloween dance music. Costume-goers can also enter to win a free pizza party by visiting PIE.ZAA decked out in their Halloween costume from Oct. 28 through 31 and posting a picture of them in the store on Instagram. Winners will receive a whole pie and a six-pack of beer.
- Zombie Comedy, best of Atlanta Showcase at the Asheville Beauty Academy; October 29, 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. Take a trip downtown to AVL Beauty Academy and enjoy some zombie time!
- Catawba White Zombie 5K at Catawba Brewing; October 29, 9 a.m. - 10 a.m. Get your run on and dodge some zombies for Halloween fun this year starting at Catawba Brewing.
- Howl-O-Ween at Down Dog Yoga Studio and Dog Bar; October 29, 1 - 4 p.m. – It doesn't get much better than dogs in Halloween costumes. This annual adoption/fundraiser event will benefit Mountain Pet Rescue! Event includes doggy costume contest and prizes.
- From Dusk till Dawn: Urban Orchard Cider's Halloween 9th Anniversary Party; October 29, 4 p.m. - 1 a.m. Calling all vampires, goblins and ghosts, enjoy a party celebrating Urban Orchard.
- Art & Craft Workshop: Creepy Curiosity Cabinet; October 29, 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. at the Purple Crayon. Halloween gets creepy as you create a curiosity cabinet!
- Late Night Halloween Dance Party with DJ Marley Carroll at Highland Brewing; October 29, 9 p.m. - 12 a.m. Get your monster mash on at Highland Brewing for a late night costumed Halloween party.
- Thrones, Rings, and Stanger Things at DSSOLVR; October 29, 5 p.m. - 10 p.m. Enjoy a triple-themed showcase of DnD themed films and shows at DSSOLVER, featuring your best Stranger Things costume and special beer releases.
- Monster Market at Highland Brewing; October 30, 1 p.m. - 6 p.m. Celebrate the Halloween season at Highland Brewing's monster market featuring more than 15 vendors.
- Halloween Trivia at Well Played; October 30, 10:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. Put on your best Jeopardy! winner face and join Well Played for some Halloween trivia.
- Howl-O-Ween Pupkin Pawty at Aloft Hotel; October 30 – Benefiting Charlie’s Angels Animal Rescue, bring your furry friend in their Halloween best for the costume contest, complete with prizes. Enjoy tricks and plenty of treats for both you and your pet. Event includes costume contests, cocktails and puptails, live music and more.
- Halloween Pop-Up! Market at Hi-Wire Brewing Biltmore Village; October 30, 12 p.m. - 6 p.m. Check out this indoor/outdoor market featuring 20+ local vendors, and enjoy a pup costume contest from 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Halloween Costume Contest with Asheville Free Walking Tours; October 31, 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. Join Asheville Free Walking tours for their special Halloween tour and win a prize from Malaprops if you win their costume contest!
Family-friendly Asheville Halloween Events
- Eliada Home Fall Festival and Corn Maze – This family-focused event includes a small corn maze, a corn cannon, bouncy pillow, hayrides, a straw maze and a number of other activities for kids to enjoy. The cost is $12 per ticket and proceeds help fund Eliada's mission to help children succeed. (Sept. 30 - Oct. 30; Fridays - Sundays)
- The Haunted Trail at Adventure Center of Asheville | Oct. 7–8, 14–15, 21–23 & 27–30 – Experience a family-friendly heart pumping walk with live actors, spooky sounds and spectacular props. Younger ghouls can enjoy the (actor-free) “Sweet Peek Tour” of the Trail at 6:30 p.m. In addition, families can take a climb on the Treetops Adventure Park Aerial Glow Trail starting at 7 p.m., which is illuminated with thousands of colored twinkle and laser lights.
- Wolf Howl for Kids | Oct. 14, 22 & 28 – Spend your evening at Asheville's WNC Nature Center learn about the Red and Gray Wolves of North America. This brand new program includes fun and educational crafts, games and an opportunity to meet a live animal, followed by a trek to the wolf habitats located on-site at the Nature Center. Tickets are $15 for children and $20 for adults.
- Fall-O-Ween at Lake Julian Park; October 22, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. – Fall-O-Ween is a free community event aimed at families with kids 10 and under with games, craft vendors, a pumpkin patch, food trucks and live music. Kids and parents are encouraged to wear costumes as they walk around the park.
- Black Mountain Old Depot Art by the Tracks in Black Mountain; October 29, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Enjoy some art by the tracks this year in Black Mountain for a family-friendly artastic day of fun!
- OWL-loween Boogie at the Black Mountain Center for the Arts; October 29, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. Experience a fright night for the whole family with crafts, treats and a dance party at the Black Mountain Center for the Arts.
- Boo Bash Halloween Event at Asheville Outlets; October 31, 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. Take the kids to Asheville Outlets and enjoy free trick-or-treating complete with a festive photo booth!
- Halloween Boo'th Fest at the Linwood Crump Shiloh Community Center; October 31, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. Put on your costume and get some treats at the Halloween Boo'th Fest!