Halloween Fun in Asheville
Get into the Halloween spirit in Asheville with great events that offer spooky fun for all ages.
Haunted Tours and Halloween Experiences in Asheville
- Downtown Black Mountain Historic Haunted House Tour -- Black Mountain, October 26-27 -- The Swannanoa Valley Museum celebrate's Black Mountain's 125th birthday with a haunted walking tour of downtown Black Mountain.
- Ghost Train -- Tweetsie Railroad, September 21-October 27 -- It's scary fun for the whole family. Experience Halloween shows, trick-or-treating or a ride on the Ghost Train.
- LaZoom Haunted Comedy Tour-- Ongoing -- You'll laugh! You'll scream! The content on the Haunted Comedy Tour is adult-oriented and not for the faint of heart or easily offended. Tours are for ages 17+.
- Haunted Asheville Tours -- Ongoing -- The tours were developed by renowned paranormal expert and TV personality Joshua P. Warren and are the only tours to include admission to the Asheville Mystery Museum, located in the basement of the Asheville Masonic Temple.
- Dark Ride Tours -- Ongoing -- Hop aboard Lenore, the haunted 1970s-ers hearse that is the spooky centerpiece of these tours.
- Haunted History and Murder Mystery Trolley Ghost Tour -- Gray Line Trolley, October through mid-November -- More than an hour of ghoulish delights across Asheville, all from the comfort of their iconic red trolleys.
- Eliada’s Annual Corn Maze -- Eliada Home, September 15-October 28 -- 10th anniversary of this annual family-friendly corn maze.
- Ghost Hunters of Asheville -- Ongoing -- Two different walking tours allow you to get up close and personal to Asheville history and ghost stories.
Halloween-Themed Shows and Performances
- Examination: A Sci-Fi Thriller -- The Actor's Center of Asheville, October 19-27 -- "Examination" is a play that delivers a dose of eerie Halloween Suspense.
- Grave Lullaby -- The Magnetic Theatre, October 12-28 -- This play is a classic ghost story. When Mark and Kristen James move into an old house in a new town, it seems like the perfect way to escape their recent tragedy and start afresh. But the new neighbors have their own secrets, and the neighborhood may be as haunted as the James' own past.
- The Love Talker and A Ghost Story -- Hendersonville Community Theatre, October 26-November 4 -- Eerie specters, magic and strange visions are all a part of this Halloween double feature.
- Spooktacular -- White Horse Black Mountain, October 27 -- Asheville Vaudeville Performers Collective put on a Halloween-themed variety show.
- Live@Aloft Concert with Dog Costume Contest, October 28 -- Halloween-themed concert with adorable dog costume contest.
- J-Luke for Halloween -- Wild Wing Cafe South, October 31 -- Live music with J-Luke.
Family-Friendly Halloween Events
- Pumpkins and Pints -- Craft Centric Taproom, October 24 -- Supplies and stencils will be provided for Pumpkin carving
- The Haunted Trail -- Pisgah Brewing Company, October 24-28 -- Live actors, spooky sounds and spectacular props along the Trail lead to the party at Pisgah Park with Halloween crafts, contests, local food vendors and Pisgah Beer on tap for grown-ups.
- Pumpkin Painting -- Wild Wing Cafe, October 25 -- Free pumpkin painting for all the kids. Kids in costume eat free.
- October Movie Series -- Bold Rock Mills River, October 25 -- Choose a seat on the porch, at a picnic table or bring a blanket to enjoy the movie "Hocus Pocus!"
- The Highland Halloween House Party -- Highland Brewing Company, October 26 -- Costume contests for both kids and adults. Highland Brewing will also release Zombie Story, a New England IPA.
- Lighted Pumpkin Fest -- Silvermont (Brevard, NC), October 26-27 -- Family-friendly fun with beautiful lighted pumpkin trails, music, games, storytelling, face painting, white squirrel scavenger hunt, historic mansion and food.
- 16th Annual Howl-O-Ween Pet Parade -- Black Mountain, October 27 -- Adorable pets in costume parade through downtown Black Mountain with a costume contest to follow.
- Howl-O-Ween Festival -- Asheville Farmstead School, October 31 -- An educational event where kids can learn about how other cultures around the world celebrate this holiday. There will also be a photo booth, Halloween-themed games and crafts.
- Boo Bash -- Asheville Outlets, October 31 -- Celebrate the magic of Halloween in a fun setting.
- Halloween Party -- Craft Centric Taproom and Bottleshop, October 31 -- Halloween movies, tricks, treats and a costume contest.
Grown-Up (21+) Halloween Fun
- Dark Arts Release Party -- Wicked Weed Funkatorium -- Annual Dark Arts Release Party. Enjoy a new variation on the Barrel Aged Wild Stout. There will also be live music and other "creepy surprises."
- Haunted Grove House Inferno -- Considered the #1 Halloween dance party in Western North Carolina. Party has three dance floors, four DJ's, five bars and a $1000 costume contest.
- Pack's Tavern Annual Halloween Bash -- Pack's Tavern, October 27 -- Dance to current and classic hits with Flashback. Cash prizes for the best costumes.
- Spooky Halloween Dance Party with DJ Kutzu -- Twin Leaf Brewery, October 27 -- Dance party until 1 a.m. Costumes are not required but highly encouraged.
- Archetype Brewing Virtual Reality Halloween Party – Saturday (Oct. 27) – Local virtual reality company Better Than Unicorns presents a virtual reality “haunted house.” There will also be a special beer release and costume contest.
- Hill-O-Ween Bash -- Hillman Beer, October 31 -- Live DJ and costume contest.
- Halloween Party -- Vintage Kava, October 31 -- Halloween costume contest, outdoor movie showing, DJ Grizzleboogie and party games.
- Unknown Hinson's Halloween Extravaganza with the Unholy Trio -- The Grey Eagle, October 31 -- Band known for politically incorrect songs that are a hit on the alternative charts.