Halloween Fun in Asheville
Get into the Halloween spirit in Asheville with great events that offer spooky fun for all ages.
2020 Haunted Tours and Halloween Experiences in Asheville
- LaZoom Haunted Comedy Tour-- Ongoing -- You'll laugh! You'll scream! In 2020, this LaZoom Haunted Tour becomes a walking tour of downtown Asheville!
- Haunted Asheville Tours -- Ongoing -- The tours were developed by renowned paranormal expert and TV personality Joshua P. Warren and are the only tours to include admission to the Asheville Mystery Museum, located in the basement of the Asheville Masonic Temple.
- Haunted History and Murder Mystery Trolley Ghost Tour -- Gray Line Trolley, October -- More than an hour of ghoulish delights across Asheville, all from the comfort of their iconic red trolleys.
- Eliada’s Annual Corn Maze -- Eliada Home, September 25-November 1 -- Annual family-friendly corn maze.
- Ghost Hunters of Asheville -- Ongoing -- Two different walking tours allow you to get up close and personal to Asheville history and ghost stories.
- Namaste in Nature Full Moon Yoga Hikes -- October 30-November 1 -- Experience the Blue Moon on this guided hiking and yoga experience. There's also a full moon yoga hike on Halloween night!
2020 Asheville Halloween-Themed Shows and Performances
- Lawn Concert: Rebecca and the Reckoning presents a Honky Tonk Halloween -- October 31, 2020 -- A honky tonk and americana band from Asheville provides a socially-distant evening of live music. Reservations are highly recommended.
2020 Asheville Family-Friendly Halloween Events
- Fall-O-Ween and Scarecrow Festival -- Lake Julian Park, October 29 -- A free community event aimed at families with kids 10 and under. Families will remain in their vehicles and are encouraged to wear costumes as they drive through the park while the sun sets.
- Glass Pumpkin Patch -- North Carolina Glass Center, October 2-31 -- Stop by to pick out your very own hand blown glass pumpkin from the carefully curated patch. And stick around to check out additional handmade fall items and all of the harvest fun. Every purchase helps support the non-profit North Carolina Glass Center as well as 30+ local glass artists.
- Haunted Trail Presented by Mellow Mushroom -- Adventure Center of Asheville, October 9-31 (nightly) -- Experience a family-friendly heart pumping walk with live actors, spooky sounds, and spectacular props. The younger ghouls can enjoy the (actor-free) “Sweet Peek Tour” of the Trail at 6:30pm before it gets dark. This is a no-touch no-contact outdoor Haunted Trail.
- Trick or Treat -- Hi-Wire Brewing Company, October 30 -- Hi-Wire Brewing teams up with Children First/Communities In Schools of Buncombe County to host a safe and socially-distanced trick-or-treating event for friends and families alike. There will be a maze of tables (minimally 6ft apart) for trick-or-treaters to follow stopping at each table to collect a special Halloween treat from volunteers at the Children First/Communities In Schools of Buncombe County.
- Junior Wolf Howl -- WNC Nature Center, October 30 -- Spend your evening learning about the Red and Gray Wolves of North America with your family!
- Light Up State Street Pumpkin Carving Contest -- Black Mountain, October 29-31 -- Black Mountain Center for the Arts will display and illuminate the community created pumpkins from 6-9 p.m. on State Street in downtown Black Mountain.
- Car Show, Trunk or Treat and Maze Mayhem -- Black Mountain Adventure Zone, October 31 -- Bring your car (any shape, size, power, vintage) for the car show on Halloween from 4:30-6:30pm. Following the car show will be a trunk or treat open to the public.
- Creative Hub Market -- River Arts District, October 31 -- This special Halloween edition of the Creative Hub Market will have pumpkin carving, a costume contest, and more holiday fun alongside 10+ creative vendors selling art, food, jewelry, glass art and more. At Creative Hub Markets there are makers and artists on hand, music, and food trucks. In essence, the celebration transforms Depot Street into an outdoor, social distanced block party.
2020 Asheville Grown-Up (21+) Halloween Fun
- Halloween Spirits Event -- Cultivated Cocktails, October 31 -- Spooky distillery tours, Cocktails, pumpkin carving, candy bags and costumes! This event is kid-friendly. This is an outdoor event and will maintain social distancing guidelines. Costumes not required, but highly encouraged!
Charlie Reed contributed to this report