Pesto Egg Souffle Recipe
Impress your friends and family with your soufflé skills. Plan this meal out ahead of time because it does require some prep the day before you bake. This recipe provided by The Inn Around the Corner.
- Sour Cream
- Roasted Red Pepper Pesto* or Basil Pesto (Recipe below)
- Feta Cheese
- Mixed baby greens
- Ken's Lite Caesar dressing
- Cherry or Roma tomatoes
At least 1 day before make *Roasted Red Pepper Pesto (or use Basil Pesto)
- 1 eggplant
- 1 large red onion
- 2-3 red peppers
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- Remove ends of eggplant, seed the peppers and peel onion and garlic.
- Roughly chop all vegetables. Place in a large baking dish, lined with foil.
- Drizzle olive oil over all. Generously salt and pepper (preferably coarse ground pepper). Mix with hands to evenly distribute oil and seasonings on veggies.
- Place in 350° oven and bake for approximately one hour.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Put ⅓ – ½ of the mixture in a food processor and pulse to combine. Turn processor to "on" and pour olive oil in until mixture is not quite smooth.
- Repeat until all the veggies have been processed.
Mixture will keep well in refrigerator for about 2 weeks.
Liberally spray the insides of individual ramekins with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Crack 2 eggs per person into a mixing bowl. Polk each egg yolk with a fork, then vigorously whisk eggs.
- (For 8 egg soufflés) Add 2 heaping tablespoons of sour cream. Whisk to combine.
- Pour egg mixture in individual soufflés to within ½" of top.
- Scoop 1 teaspoon of roasted red pepper pesto into each ramekin. Use fork to break up and blend into egg mixture. (**If using basil pesto, in addition use some chopped roasted red peppers or sundried tomatoes.)
- Add 1 heaping tablespoon of feta cheese & 1 heaping tablespoon of mozzarella.
- Sprinkle salt & pepper on top and sprinkle either dried or fresh parsley flakes on top.
- Bake at 375 for 30–40 min or until puffed and golden on top.
Garnish with a mound of spring mix next to the ramekin, lightly spray Ken's Lite Caesar dressing over greens. Put a dollop of sour cream in middle of greens. Sprinkle paprika over sour cream and garnish with 3 wedges of cherry or Roma tomatoes.
Serve this breakfast with these great add-ons: A peach croissant, fresh fruit with fresh lime yogurt topping, orange juice, assorted teas and coffee.