Endive with Bleu Cheese Mousse and Caramelized Walnuts
Endive with Bleu Cheese Mousse and Caramelized Walnuts from The Albemarle Inn
- ¾ block of sour cream cheese
- 1 pack Saga bleu cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cherry tomatoes
Bleu Cheese Mousse Preparation
- Cream above ingredients and soften in mixer.
- Put mixture in pastry bag.
Caramelized Walnut Preparation
- Melt a thick layer of sugar on high heart in small sauté pan.
- Turn off heat immediately; add walnuts and stir until they're are glazed.
- Spread nuts on heavily Pam-coated wax paper and separate with a spatula. (Caution: Nuts will be extremely hot.)
- When cool, pull off paper and store in an air-tight container.
- Separate and cut leaves off endives.
- Pipe bleu cheese mousse from pastry bag onto endive and top off with caramelized walnuts. Arrange the endive in a circular format and fill the center of the serving bowl with cherry tomatoes.