Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Popcorn Recipe
Chef Dan from the Doubletree by Hilton Asheville-Biltmore Hotel offers up his famous recipe for caramel popcorn that blends in the incredible flavors of the Doubletree signature chocolate chip cookie.
Ingredients for Caramel
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ quarts (6 cups) brown sugar
- ½ lb butter
- 2 oz water
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Melt above ingredients together and simmer for 5 minutes.
Ingredients for Cookie Popcorn
- 2 gallons of popped popcorn
- 10 pre-baked frozen Doubletree cookies (dough)—finely diced*
*regular frozen chocolate chip cookie dough can be used in place of Doubletree Cookies
- Make caramel, pour over popped popcorn
- Mix well to coat, then spread onto 2 sprayed sheet pans
- Scatter all of the diced cookie dough onto the popcorn and bake for 10 minutes at 350°