Baked Eggs in a Nest Recipe
Start your morning off right by combining your favorite breakfast dishes into one. This easy recipe incorporates baked eggs inside a potato "nest" crust and easily feeds a large gathering with minimal effort. This recipe was created by the North Lodge on Oakland.
- 2½ cups hash brown potatoes
- 1 tbs dried onions
- 1 tbs chopped chives
- 2 tbs parmesan cheese
- 3 tbs. margarine or butter, melted
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8 eggs
- 2 strips crumbled bacon
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Toss potatoes with margarine or butter, egg, onion, chives, parmesan cheese and salt.
- Press about 1/3 cup potato mixture firmly in bottom and up sides of 8 greased muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Carefully break 1 egg into each potato nest.
- Sprinkle approx. 1 Tbs cheddar cheese on each egg.
- Place 1 Tbs crumbled bacon on each egg.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes longer or until eggs are desired done-ness.
- If necessary, loosen edges of nests with knife.
- Lift to serving plate with 2 forks.