The nation's only chair caning school & museum, Silver River Center for Chair Caning is operated by two chair nerds on a mission to revive a "dying art."
1. See daily demonstrations on an incredible variety of chairs with woven seats.
2. Take classes from beginner to advanced tutorials, volunteer, or apply for internships and apprenticeships.
3. Take a self-guided tour d' chairs and read about the material, history, and process of 8 styles of chair caning. A permanent collection of historical chairs is on display as well as a rotating exhibits.
4. Enjoy the reference library and educate yourself on the ancient and global tradition.
5. Bring their family heirloom in for restoration by our seat weaving experts
6. Donate their chair for student practice
7. Purchase restored chairs for sale
8. Get advice on their chairs
9. Quickly become total chair nerds.