Located on the Grovewood grounds, adjacent to The Omni Grove Park Inn, the North Carolina Homespun Museum presents a historical overview of Biltmore Industries. Originally located in Biltmore Village, this Arts & Crafts enterprise had begun in 1901 as a woodcarving class for the sons of Biltmore Estate workers. Supported financially by George and Edith Vanderbilt, strong supporters of mountain art and craft, the Industries soon grew to include the weaving of homespun cloth and the building of handmade furniture. In 1917, not long after the death of George Vanderbilt, Edith Vanderbilt sold the business to Fred Seely, designer and manager of The Grove Park Inn, and the Industries were relocated to where Grovewood is housed today. Gradually, the original emphasis on woodcarving and woodworking gave way to the weaving of homespun cloth for men’s and women’s suits, including those worn by Mrs. Herbert Hoover and Eleanor Roosevelt. In its heyday, Biltmore Industries had a total of 40 looms in steady operation, producing some of the highest quality homespun fabric in the country.