Every Wednesday through November 9th at The One Stop at Asheville Music Hall, 10 local and regional musicians of varying experience levels will perform 2 original composition, competing for a weekly prize – a brown lunch bag stuffed with donations offered by fans and attendees throughout the evening. Brown Bag attracts first time as well as seasoned performers to compete and be heard by peers, music fans, and music industry professionals alike. Each week, a panel of celebrity judges selects a showcase winner to receive their brown bag prize and to compete in the Brown Bag Finals. Sign ups start at 6:00pm, with the contest beginning at 7:00pm. It's free to watch (although a donations is suggested/appreciated) and only $3 to enter.
Performers will be judged on LYRICS, VOCAL PERFORMANCE, INSTRUMENT PLAYING, MAGIC & STAGE PRESENCE.
Each Monday at noon (EST), the Brown Bag FB page (http://www,facebook.com/brownbagsongs) will accept names for registration prior to the upcoming Wednesday’s event by tagging themselves in the post. Five performers will be selected to compete. The remaining five slots will be filled at the venue on the day of the event 30 mins prior to the start of Brown Bag. Performers who wish to compete are encouraged to arrive early to secure their slot.
1. Maximum limit of 3 people on-stage per act.
2. Play two original song. (No covers - all original music only)
3. Be ready to play before your time slot. (Sometimes the competition will run ahead of schedule)
4. Don’t start playing until you are announced.
5. Be ready to play. (Have our instrument tuned before you get on stage)
6. Three finalists will return at the end of each evening to play a song one more time, then the winner will be announced.
7. One instrument per person per set, except for percussionists. Two percussion instruments per percussionist allowed, no stands, must be able to carry both at once. (We’re encouraging hand held percussion with these rules)
8. One small & simple amp per guitarist is allowed, however no pedals, looping or prerecorded tracks are allowed. This rule is designed to allow electric guitarists to use a simple electric guitar & amp set up. The tone you choose must be the tone you use for the entire song. No amp adjustments during the song.
9. One keyboard with 1/4” or XLR output (no amp) allowed.
10. No computers.
For more information: http://www.facebook.com/brownbagsongs