Known for its unified support of visual arts, Asheville is once again welcoming back the Downtown Asheville Festival of the Arts this Memorial Day Weekend. Residents and visitors will see some of the finest locally made art alongside national artists' works during this free, outdoor event. A scenic stroll amongst sparkling jewels, one-of-a kind paintings, exquisitely crafted glasswork, stunning sculpture, and every medium of hand-made art, all in the artist's mecca that is downtown Asheville, rounds out the perfect Memorial Day Weekend for art appreciators around the county. The show is set up on the streets of North Pack Square and South Pack Square around the Vance Memorial as well as Reuter Terrace.
Visitor Safety Measures for COVID-19 will be in effect as long as we are in the pandemic. Restrictions will be updated as CDC recommendations change. The safety of our exhibitors, staff and patrons is our number one priority.
Safety measures in place for the socially-distanced, outdoor event:
• Masks are mandatory inside the show site for everyone except children under the age of two. A face shield is an option for extra protection over your mandatory mask but the mask must be on underneath.
• Entrances and exits will be monitored for one-way traffic.
• Visitors should reserve free time slot on Eventbrite.
• Social distancing is required between artists and patrons, and patron groups.
• Patrons are asked to stay home if they have been diagnosed with COVID-19, awaiting test results for COVID-19, or show any symptoms of the virus.
• Guests are also asked to utilize hand-washing and sanitizing stations on a regular basis and avoid casual touching.