Chef Preeti Mistry is honored to have been nominated two times by the James Beard Foundation as "Best Chef of the West". She was the Co-Founder & Executive Chef of Navi Kitchen and Juhu Beach Club (both now closed) as well as the co-author (with Sarah Henry) of The Juhu Beach Club Cookbook. Born in London and raised in the US, Preeti has held Executive Chef roles at the deYoung Musuem, the Legion of Honor in San Francisco and Google HQ in Mountain View, CA. She was a contestant on Top Chef Season Six. Preeti studied at Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Academy in London. Preeti and her restaurants have been featured in numerous publications including Food & Wine Magazine, New York Times, Time Magazine, SF Chronicle, Cherry Bombe, Wall Street Journal, SF Magazine, Sunset Magazine, Anthology, Vogue India, SF Eater, Time Out Mumbai, Edible East Bay, in addition to Anthony Bourdain’s PARTS UNKNOWN on CNN. When not running her restaurant Preeti enjoys hiking, eating pizza and growing veggies in her sunny Oakland backyard with her wife, Ann Nadeau.
• James Beard Nominee Best Chef of the West 2017 & 2018
• Best Chef of the East Bay 2017: East Bay Express
• Anthony Bourain Parts Uknown; Bay Area 2015
• 30 Chefs to Watch Out For, Plate Magazine 2016
• Frequent Speaker & Featured Chef (Wall Street Journal Talks 2016, Stanford Innovation Conference 2017, Cook It Raw 2015, Cherry Bombe Jubilee 2014, 2017 & 2018, Star Chefs Intl Congress 2016)
Looking for ways to be a part of Chow Chow? Volunteer, sponsor, or be a featured maker and more. The opportunities are limitless.
Over 20 immersive signature events are featured throughout the weekend! Tours, dinners, parties, foraging and more await.