The country's top new songwriters to compete in Asheville at Citizen Vinyl
Asheville will play host to a premier songwriting showcase on Saturday, Nov. 18 as eight finalists from across the country compete and perform for a chance to record a free album at Citizen Studios.
NewSong Music Performance & Songwriting Competition will be held at Citizen Vinyl with artists from North Carolina, Texas, Louisiana, Georgia, Tennessee and Massachusetts performing original music in front of a live audience and a panel of industry judges.
The winner will receive a fully funded six-song EP, recorded and mixed at Citizen Studios with 500 vinyl records pressed a Citizen Vinyl.
General admission is $30 with doors opening at 6 p.m. The show begins at 7 p.m. and will end around 10 p.m. A VIP package is available for $100, which includes an exclusive meet and greet with the year’s finalists and preferred seating.
Meet the Finalists
- MaisCéu (Lenoir, N.C.) — 2023 LEAF/NewSong Performance & Songwriting Competition Winner
- Cloudbelly (Turners Falls, Mass.) — Early Bird Finalist
- Beth // James (Austin, Tex.)
- Damon K. Clark (Dallas, Tex.)
- Natalie Price (Austin, Tex.)
- Reece Sullivan (Lafayette, La.)
- Senobia (Midway, Ga.)
- Stacy Antonel (Nashville, Tenn.)