The Top Asheville Experiences According to Our Fans
By Jason Tarr
We asked our fans to share their favorite Asheville experiences in eight categories ranging from the outdoors to dining to music venues. You responded in droves, submitting thousands of nominations for Asheville's top experiences. The responses were submitted as part of our Asheville Ultimate Top 8 Getaway Giveaway.
We tallied all those nominations and present to you the winning Asheville experiences in each of the contest's categories.
Stay tuned to our social media pages and our web site for more in depth features on the Asheville experiences our fans say you can't miss on your next visit to Asheville!
Top Outdoor Adventure or Trail: Biltmore
2. DuPont State Forest
3. Blue Ridge Parkway
4. Craggy Gardens Pinnacle
5. North Carolina Arboretum
6. Chimney Rock State Park
7. Navitat Canopy Adventures
8. River Rafting on French Broad and Nantahala
Top Place to See Live Music: The Orange Peel
Top Place to Have a Craft Beer: Wicked Weed
Top Place to Shop: Mast General Store
To Place to See the Sunset: The Omni Grove Park Inn
Top Place for a Sweet Treat: French Broad Chocolate Lounge
Top Restaurant: Curate
Top Area Attraction or Tour: Biltmore
As part of the social media contest, we selected a grand prize winner who won a prize package that includes accommodations and all of the winning experiences:
- Two nights accommodations at the Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville - Biltmore Village
- $50 gift card to Milepost 408 bar at the Hampton Inn & Suites
- Two tickets to Biltmore
- Two tickets to a show of choice at The Orange Peel
- Merchandise from Wicked Weed Brewing
- $50 gift card to Mast General Store
- Dinner for two at Vue 1913 at The Omni Grove Park Inn
- $25 gift card to French Broad Chocolate Lounge
- $50 gift care to Cúrate
First Biltmore photo by Jared Kay. Orange Peel photo by Art Meripol. Wicked Weed photo by Emily Chaplin. Candy photo courtesy Mast General Store. Sunset Terrace photo by Keith Wright. French Broad Chocolate Lounge photo by Art Meripol. Curate photo by Emily Chaplin. Second Biltmore photo by Jason Tarr.