Recipe: Blueberry Black Peppercorn BaconBiscuit Head, Your New Favorite Breakfast Spot in Asheville.
Aside from a full range of biscuit sandwiches on the menu, you can build your own creation. Sink your teeth into some of these tasty toppings.
- Butter Bar - Choose from about 6-8 varieties of spread.
- Jam Bar - Options range from Curry Molasses to Mulberry to Watermelon.
- G.O.D. - (Gravy of the Day) Go this route or choose from 5 other types of gravy including espresso red eye, house-made seitan or smoked tomato creole. (Yum!)
- Bacon of the Day - This speaks for itself.
Recipe: Blueberry Bacon
Want to bring some Asheville flavor into your kitchen. Try this Biscuit Head recipe and spice up your bacon with blueberries and black peppercorn.
- 1 pint of local blueberries (washed)
- 1 C. brown sugar
- 1 T. fresh cracked black peppercorns (coarse)
- 1 lb. Thick cut local bacon
- In a medium sauce pot add blueberries, sugar, and black pepper.
- Cook over medium high heat until mixture has boiled for 8 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Layout bacon strips on a cookie sheet and paint the blueberry-black peppercorn syrup over the bacon.
- Cook at 300 for 22 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Enjoy this bacon with just about anything.