Pisgah Beer TastingThese days we're all looking for ways to save, so I've been purchasing larger quantities of necessary items to get better value. Good news for beer-lovers: Pisgah Brewing Co. just released three new 22-ounce bottles. Last night Bruisin' Ales hosted the release party with a proper beer tasting, complete with nuts and grapes for each round. We worked our way from pale to stout in the following manner:
- Pisgah Pale Ale—"Our pale ale is a perfect blend of rich organic malts with whole leaf Chinook and Mount Hood hops. A crisp, clean profile makes this beer distinct. 31.8 IBU"
- Pisgah Brown Ale—"This beer is an excellent session ale for those who like their beer a little on the malty side. A lighter body and balanced sweetness make this brown ale one to remember. Nothing fancy here. Just a rock solid brew."
- Pisgah Solstice—"Pisgah’s year round Belgian. A Tripel ale, this beer contains moderately fruity esters with an alcoholic complexity supported by a soft malt character. This beer is pale gold in color and 9.5% ABV. It recently placed first out of 13 samples from North America and Europe in a blind tasting by Ales Street News!"
- Pisgah Valdez —"This mouth watering stout is brewed with organic, fair-trade coffee beans from Dynamite Coffee Roasters and weighs in at a respectable 6.8%. The aroma of fresh coffee leaps from the glass and finishes slightly dry. Treat yourself to the finest coffee stout this season."
- Pisgah Vortex II—"Treat yourself to the first of the Vortex series to be offered in a bottle. The strongest Pisgah beer bottled to date, this Russian Imperial Stout would make any 18th century Czar proud."
February 18, 2009