Food Bloggers Compete in Asheville Cook-offSome of the nation’s most popular food bloggers paired up with local chefs to test their creativity at a gourmet cook-off at Asheville-Buncombe Technical College on Tuesday.
The teams received mystery boxes filled with locally grown produce donated by Appalachian Sustainable Agriculture Project (ASAP), chorizo from Hickory Nut Gap Meats, trout from Sunburst Trout Farm and local products from Blue Ridge Food Ventures.
The teams included:
- Chef Adam Hayes of the Grand Bohemian Hotel and Jaden Hair of Steamy Kitchen
- Chef Michel Baudouin of Bouchon French Bistro and Helen McSweeney of Tartelette
- Chef Annie Pettry of Savoy and Alison McConnell of Humble Gourmand
- Chef Anthony Cerrato of Fiore’s Ristorante Toscana and Tami Hardeman of Running with Tweezers
- Chef Tres Hundertmark of The Lobster Trap and Todd Porter of White on Rice
- Chef Michael Gentry of the Swannanoa School of Culinary Arts and Brian Geiger of The Food Geek
The Grand Winner
The winning team was Chef Annie Petri of Savoy and Alison McConnell of Humble Gourmand. They wowed the judges with a fennel blueberry goat cheese salad and a main course of trout, red quinoa, chorizo risotto and yellow squash and basil slaw