Flavors of Foodtopia: Part 2More recipes and tales from Food Blog Forum
|Mimosa Fried Chicken Biscuits by chef Jason Roy at Biscuit Head.|
When more than 100 food bloggers visited Asheville in August for the 2014 Food Blogger Forum conference, we challenged them to take all they had seen and tasted and turn it into something delicious.
And did they ever! One lucky blogger who shared their foodie inspiration also won a trip back to Asheville, packed full of culinary adventures.
We're happy to announce our winner is Meghan with the Colorado-based food blog Cake 'n' Knife!
This was Meghan's first Food Blog Forum, and--rumor has it--her first taste of collard greens, too! After her visit, she posted her review with tons of beautiful photos and a recipe for a cocktail she named The Asheville 'Shine, featuring moonshine and a lemon cherry echinacea soda syrup by Asheville's Blue Blaze Sodas. Congratulations, Meghan!
- Chelsea at KaTom offers "An Exhaustive Guide to Asheville, North Carolina for Epicureans"--truly!
- Missy at Food Belongs to Us whipped up a batch of Asheville Explosion Cupcakes, including Asheville chocolate, Asheville beer, Asheville whiskey and Asheville syrups! Whoa!
- Chris at The Cafe Sucre Farine sweetened her review of Food Blog Forum with a super-easy recipe for Best Ever Fudge Sauce.
- Lynn with Craving Crazy stirred up some Chocolate Covered Sprouted Rice Crispy Bars for her girls.
- Angie at Big Bears Wife recreated a favorite Asheville dish in her Perfect Grits & Greens Breakfast Bowl.
- Angela at About a Mom turned some Crooked Condiments apple butter into a sweet and satisfying Apple Butter Snack Cake.
- That Susan Williams tried her hand at Biscuit Head's Mimosa Fried Chicken Biscuit with Sweet Potato Apple Butter and Sriracha Slaw.
- And Lisa at Mouse Morsels created a decadent Chocolate Lava Cake. Yum!
If you want to check out more Asheville-inspired recipes, photos and stories, take a look at our Food Blog Forum pinboard on Pinterest, and save a few for later:
Explore our collection of holiday-ready Asheville recipes.
October 24, 2014