Discover What Makes Asheville Sizzle this Holiday
Free Offerings that Are Anything but Cheap
- Admire our spectacular downtown fireworks show on Saturday beginning at 7:00 p.m.
- Meet jolly ol’ St. Nick in Pritchard Park. He’s taking a break from his workshop to hear special requests and pick up letters from our North Pole Express mailbox!.
- Listen to classical guitar music from James Barr and other local musicians at the Grove Arcade.
- Watch Santa polish his skills as he climbs the 315-foot chimney at Chimney Rock Park. Free with park admission.
- Enjoy a parade with Native-American influences at the Cherokee Christmas Parade.
A Lot of Bang for Your Buck
- Rejoice in the spirit as the Asheville Choral Society performs with a full orchestra at Central United Methodist Church.
- Get dramatic with our local productions of “Dear Santa” at the Flat Rock Community Playhouse and “The Santaland Diaries” at the Asheville Community Theatre.
- See the story of Clara’s magical trip to the land of sweets comes to life as the Asheville Ballet performs “The Nutcracker” at the Diana Wortham Theatre.
- Sample local flavor with Appy Hour appetizer specials at select restaurants on Thursdays and Sizzle Specials on Saturdays.