Discover What Makes Asheville Sizzle this HolidayLast week, Hotels.com released the “Top 10 Underrated Cities.” We’re proud that the region made the list with its vibrant culture and historical landmarks. But it's no secret that Asheville is a fun place to be, especially during the holidays when downtown heats up with Asheville Seasonal Sizzle. Come and discover what makes us so special without lightening your wallet.
Free Offerings that Are Anything but Cheap
- Admire our spectacular downtown fireworks show on Saturday beginning at 7:00 p.m.
- Meet jolly ol’ St. Nick in Pritchard Park. He’s taking a break from his workshop to hear special requests and pick up letters from our North Pole Express mailbox!.
- Listen to classical guitar music from James Barr and other local musicians at the Grove Arcade.
- Watch Santa polish his skills as he climbs the 315-foot chimney at Chimney Rock Park. Free with park admission.
- Enjoy a parade with Native-American influences at the Cherokee Christmas Parade.
A Lot of Bang for Your Buck
- Rejoice in the spirit as the Asheville Choral Society performs with a full orchestra at Central United Methodist Church.
- Get dramatic with our local productions of “Dear Santa” at the Flat Rock Community Playhouse and “The Santaland Diaries” at the Asheville Community Theatre.
- See the story of Clara’s magical trip to the land of sweets comes to life as the Asheville Ballet performs “The Nutcracker” at the Diana Wortham Theatre.
- Sample local flavor with Appy Hour appetizer specials at select restaurants on Thursdays and Sizzle Specials on Saturdays.