Easy and Delicious Recipes to Enjoy in Asheville or at Home. If you can't stand the heat, get IN the kitchen and whip up one of these delicious treats. While in Asheville, you can enjoy these delicious treats by visiting Ultimate Ice Cream and French Broad Chocolate Lounge. Or you can make them yourself with these decadent recipes.
The Ultimate Ice Cream Sandwich
From Ultimate Ice Cream comes this super easy summer snack recipe. The right ingredients make it "The Ultimate," but you can improvise as needed.
1. Start with 2 frozen Zuma Gold Cookies. (Can't find Zuma? Substitute a chocolate cookie filled with pecans and walnuts)
2. Place one scoop of Madagascar Vanilla Bean Ice Cream atop a chocolate cookie and then sandwich with the other.
3. Enjoy a rich and decadent summer treat worthy of an summer garden party with family and friends.
If you're a fan of beer floats, then this recipe from French Broad Chocolate Lounge is a must try. Seriously.
Prep time: 2 minutes
Yields: 1 drink
1. Pour 10 ounces of Pisgah nitro stout beer (or your favorite stout/porter).
2. Two ounces of Madagascar Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.
3. One ounce of espresso (1/2 cup strongly brewed coffee can be substituted.
4. A generous drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Fill a large wine glass about halfway with nitro stout beer. Place a long spoon in wine glass. Pour espresso into beer. Note: beer with foam up slightly when espresso is added - be sure not to agitate further. Add vanilla ice cream. Drizzle with chocolate sauce. Serve immediately.
August 7, 2012