Asheville's Harvest Adventures and RecipesMountain Food Traditions Still Thrive in Appalachia.
For culinary adventurists on the hunt for regional cuisine, the time is ripe to experience Asheville's harvest season. As summer winds down, Asheville's chefs turn to seasonal favorites and traditional recipes handed down through the generations. Local menus become veritable smorgasbords of Appalachian-grown ingredients - apples, trout, blueberries and pumpkins to name a few.
|Apple Stack Cake from Early Girl Eatery|
Recipes from Foodtopia
From Asheville's tables to yours, enjoy the best in seasonal flavor with these Appalachian favorites.
- Apple Stack Cake - created by Early Girl Eatery
- Cast Iron Trout with Smoked Grits and Potlicker Jus - created by The Market Place
- Blueberry Buttermilk Tart - created by Bouchon
Harvest These Deals
Take your pick from one of these deals, designed specifically for the harvest season.
- Taste of the Blue Ridge Package: Two nights at a bed and breakfast, cheese tasting, horseback riding, a picnic and hiking guide
- Wild Food Foraging Package: Accommodations, guided mushroom walk, a signed mushroom hunting book and your "catch of the day" prepared at dinner
- Get-a-Way Fly Fishing Package: Accommodations plus a full day of guided fly fishing.
|Southern Traditions Thrive at|
Seven Sows Bourbon & Larder
Learn more about Mountain Food Legacies and Harvest Adventures Here.