ActionFest, the only international film festival devoted exclusively to action cinema and its unsung heroes, will once again showcase the most exciting action films from around the globe right here in Asheville. From April 7-10, 2011 there will be multiple events, screenings and a Stunt Show Extravaganza!
ActionFest 2 promises to be one of those sequels that's better than the original. This year’s ActionFest Lifetime Achievement Award will go to legendary stuntman Buddy Joe Hooker, whose career spans six decades and countless classic films, including First Blood and Deathproof. There will be other honors and tributes paid during the festival. Full details can be found here.
Undoubtedly one of the top highlights of ActionFest will be the Stunt Show Extravaganza. This year’s show promises to be a spectacle not to be missed, and has been made possible by motion picture stunt business veteran John Cann (Machete, Tango and Cash, Predator 2), President and CEO of Action P.A.C. Stunts, L.L.C., who is creating the show and providing the equipment along with Randy Fife (Robocop, Arlington Road).
Here's what movies have been confirmed at this time:
- Ironclad — an epic, blood-soaked account of a brutal castle siege starring Paul Giamatti;
- Little Big Soldier — a new period action film written by and starring Jackie Chan;
- Hobo With A Shotgun — the hot Sundance selection starring Rutger Hauer;
- Super — vigilante madness starring Rainn Wilson, Ellen Page, Kevin Bacon and Liv Tyler;
- Bangkok Knockout — Thai action from the stunt team and filmmakers of Ong Bak;
- Outrage — a gritty and violent new Yakuza thriller from the legendary Takeshi Kitano;
- Bunraku — a surreal fist-and-sword epic starring Josh Hartnett, Demi Moore, Woody Harrelson, Kevin McKidd, Ron Perlman and GACKT!;
- Machete Maidens Unleashed! — the titillating story of 70s exploitation films from the Philippines.