6 Sweet Ideas for MomCelebrate Mother's Day in the Mountains
Here are six great ideas for making Mom's day.
- She can feel like a million bucks at Biltmore, where moms get in free with a paid admission. See costumes from the hit series Downton Abbey, or stroll around colorful gardens in full bloom.
- Bring a smile to her face on board the LaZoom Comedy Tour's special Mom's Day ride. This hilarious tour will dive into the real world of motherhood, including running with scissors and what to do with the kids have too much whine.
- Mom will be on top of the world--or will feel like it at least--at Chimney Rock State Park. Grab her a coupon for a free ticket and take in the views from atop the 315-foot monolith that gives the park its name.
- Like mama always said, life is like a box of cocktail-inspired chocolates! Pick up a box of the Mama's Little Helpers collection at French Broad Chocolate Lounge. Flavors include martini, margarita, dark & stormy and cosmopolitan. BONUS: If you're spending this holiday apart, you can order the collection online and have it shipped straight to her door!
- Treat her to a shopping spree that's as RAD as she is, at the River Arts District semi-annual Studio Stroll. Visit some of more than 180 working artist studios and invite her pick out a gift she will always remember.
- Raise a glass in her honor over a delicious farm-to-table brunch. Several local restaurants will be offering special brunch menus for Mother's Day, and reservations are recommended. After the meal, consider a nice family hike--or maybe a nap!
More events for Mother's Day Weekend.