Enjoy sampling this sweet potato salad with popular Asheville area ingredients.
- 5 pounds medium diced sweet potatoes
- 2 1/2 cups julienne shiitake mushroom
- 2 cups red onion finely diced
- 1 cup celery finely diced
- 2 Granny Smith Apples - fine julienne
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. dry mustard
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds toasted
- 1/4 cup sage chiffonade
- 1/4 cup parsley minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch diced pieces. Toss with minimal olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in a 375 degree oven until light brown and tender. Remove stems from shiitake mushrooms and toss with minimal olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in a 375 degree oven for seven minutes. Julienne mushrooms after roasting. Cut red oinions and celery into 1/4 inch diced pieces. Toast pumpkin seeds in a 300 degree oven until light brown. Chiffonade the sage. Julienne the apples. Mix vinegar, olive oil and dry spices together. Toss vinegar mix with the rest of the ingredients and season to taste.