1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
6 thick bacon slices
1 bag fresh spinach
½ cup Goat Cheese
½ cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil - Blue Herron Farm - Leicester, NC
2 green onions, thinly sliced - Seasonal Produce Farm, Canton, NC
1 garlic clove, chopped
3 Eggland's Best Eggs, slightly beaten
1 (9-inch) frozen unbaked deep-dish piecrust shell, thawed
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch slices. Place on a paper towel-lined wire rack. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt. Let stand 20 minutes. Pat mixture dry with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon.
- Sauté Spinach in Olive Oil and season. Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels. Combine crumbled bacon, spinach, and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl until well blended.
- Spread 1/4 cup spinach mixture on bottom of piecrust.
- Layer with half of tomato slices; top with half of remaining spinach mixture. Repeat layers once while covering all with egg mixture. Cover loosely with aluminum foil. Add cheddar cheese to top of pie.
- Bake pie, covered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe provided by The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa.