Sour Cream Mashed Sweet Potatoes recipe from The Madison Inn
- 1 dozen large sweet potatoes - peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup pure Vermont maple syrup
- ¼ cup sweet whipping cream
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ teaspoon chicken base (or salt and pepper to taste)
- In a large stock pan, boil sweet potatoes until tender.
- Pour all water, mash potatoes using electric mixer, and add sweet cream and butter.
- Using a large spatula, fold in sour cream, brown sugar and maple syrup, then add chicken base or salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or put in a casserole dish and reheat when ready to serve.
- Pairs nicely with Bourbon and Vanilla Marinated Pork Loin with Pecan Gravy.