Pecan Gravy recipe from The Madison Inn
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup sweet cream butter
- 2 cups liquid from pork marinade
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons flour
- ½ tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 4 teaspoons corn syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan cook pecans in butter until you smell a pleasant pecan aroma.
- Add garlic and cook for two minutes.
- Add flour and cook for an additional two minutes, then add marinating liquid, chicken stock and corn syrup.
- Continue to simmer until sauce has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.