Marinated Cheese from Bent Creek Lodge
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 cup fresh basil - chopped
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 oz jar diced pimento - drained
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese - cubed
- 8 oz monterey jack cheese - cubed
- 8 oz whole Black olives - drained
- 8 oz whole Green olives - drained
- Combine olive oil, white wine vinegar, parsley, green onion, sugar, basil, salt, pepper, garlic and pimentos in jar; cover tightly and shake vigorously.
- Place cheeses and olives in covered container.
- Pour over marinade and let it sit in refrigerator at least eight hours before serving.
- This recipe can be stored, covered in refrigerator for one month and brought out as needed when guests drop by.