Asheville’s eclectic style and reverence for nature are apparent across its diverse accommodation options—travelers have their pick of mountainside resorts with Blue Ridge views, historic bed-and-breakfast inns with modern amenities, family-friendly resorts with attached adventure and luxurious downtown hotels with award-winning dining. Here are some new experiences this fall.
- Biltmore’s Mountain Oasis Weekend package offers activities to boost well-being including yoga, bike rentals and a guided nature stroll on the 8,000-acre estate. Experience expansive mountain views and lush grounds with a luxurious stay at the four-star Inn on Biltmore Estate or a private getaway with butler service at the Cottage on Biltmore Estate.
- The Mountains are Calling package from Kimpton Hotel Arras includes a hiking map of DuPont State Forest, filming location for the original “Hunger Games” film, that highlights local trails and the area’s beautiful waterfalls, as well as a packed picnic lunch for two from Bargello, the hotel’s independently owned and operated Mediterranean-inspired restaurant.
- New hotel—Element Asheville Downtown—opens this fall offering an easy walk to downtown, views of the cityscape with the Blue Ridge Mountains in the background and a rooftop event space that will also host guest activities such as yoga and stargazing. The hotel, part of the Starwood brand, is an extended-stay model with in-room kitchens.
- Pinecrest Bed and Breakfast, in Asheville’s historic Montford district, is offering two new packages this fall. Partnering with neighborhood Italian restaurant Chiesa, the Al Fresco Dining offering allows inn guests to order dinner and have the meal delivered, complete with an outdoor dining experience and real silverware and china. Sunset Kayak & Picnic offers a naturalist-guided sunset kayak ride at nearby Beaver Lake and a light picnic dinner of charcuterie, fruit, bread, chocolates and a bottle of wine.
- The innkeepers at The Lion and the Rose Bed and Breakfast have a passion for beer, so much so that they brew their own. They are extending their popular summer package, Hoppy Days are Here Again, through the fall, offering guests a welcome beer upon arrival, discounts to three local tours and beermosas on Sunday mornings.
- Bring your favorite furry friend for a VIPuppy experience at Aloft Asheville Downtown. In addition to suggestions for dog-friendly businesses and activities, the Pets in Paradise package also includes a pet bed, food and water bowls, treats, toys, a dog tag and fun swag from local pet stores.
Information on the safety actions of local businesses and shared responsibility of visitors can be found via the “Asheville Cares Stay Safe Pledge.”