- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup red wine (Zinfandel or Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1 3-inch cinnamon stick
- 1 orange - zest only, grated
- Pick over the cranberries, rinse and drain.
- Combine the sugar and wine in a three-quart saucepan, and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the cinnamon stick, orange peel and cranberries. Return the mixture to a boil and reduce heat to a vigorous simmer.
- Partially cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until somewhat thickened.
- Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- Spoon the mixture into a jar or plastic container and chill. It will set up like jelly once chilled.
Makes 1 ½ cups.