Open Meadows, a Dog Park Bar and Rooftop Sips: With 50 breweries and counting in the Asheville area, there are plenty of opportunities to imbibe outdoors.
- Highland Brewing Company has reopened its meadow with picnic tables, designated seating circles (bring your blanket!) and volleyball courts. The brewery sits on a 40-acre property that includes nature trails.
- Farmhouse brewery Turgua Brewing Company has moved to a new Fairview location with lots of open space and a creek nearby.
- Whistle Hop Brewing Company, also in nearby Fairview and known for its antique train car taproom, has expanded its family-friendly outdoor options with a slide, putt-putt course, and a “puttcee” course that combines bocce and putt-putt.
- Coming soon, Wagbar’s unique concept merges 25,000 square feet of off-leash dog park with a food and beverage bar. Wagbar also plans to host events throughout the year such as dog adoptions, themed holiday parties, dog-training sessions and live music.
- Archetype Brewing, known for its experimental and funky beers and its community events, has added lots of shaded outdoor seating to allow social distancing for its guests and plans to add a rooftop deck, a first in West Asheville, in the future.
Information on the safety actions of local businesses and shared responsibility of visitors can be found via the “Asheville Cares Stay Safe Pledge.”