- ¼ cup fresh thyme
- 1 quart leeks - cleaned and sliced
- 2 quart yellow - onion and sliced
- 1 quart green apple - peeled and diced
- ½ quart carrots - peeled and sliced
- 4 quart Butternut - peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup apple juice
- ¼ cup ginger - peeled and minced
- Salt to taste
- 3 quart water
- Sweat vegetables and caramelize slightly. Sweating is the process of simmering over low heat in butter, covered, without browning.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer until tender.
- Puree until smooth and adjust consistency and or seasoning.
This recipe makes approximately 1 ¼ gallons soup.
Get Happy for the Holidays in Asheville > Get more holiday recipes >