1 each 12 oz. Pork Chop
3 oz. Red Cabbage
4 oz. Cider Vinegar
4 oz. Apple Juice
1 each Granny Smith Apple, Peeled & Diced
2 oz. Sweet Onion, Diced
2 oz. Port Wine
2 oz. Brown Sugar
2 oz. Whole Butter
- Butterfly Pork Chop to make stuffing pocket.
- Braise cabbage with cider vinegar and apple juice, salt & pepper to taste.
- When cabbage is tender, drain excess liquid and stuff into pork chop.
- Take apples & onions, sweat in sauté pan with 1 tsp. butter. Caramelize in pan.
- Deglaze pan with port wine and add brown sugar.
- Reduce to Jam like consistency.
- Fold in whole butter at end.
- Roast the Pork Chop at 350 for 12-14 minutes or until desired doneness.
Recipe provided by The Omni Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa.