Blueberry Cream Pie recipe from 1891 Cedar Crest Victorian Inn
- 10 graham crackers - 5 X 2 1/2 each or approximately 1 ½ cups
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter - melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 oz cream cheese - softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 3 pints blueberries
- 3 tablespoons jelly glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crumble graham cracker and grind into a fine crumb in a food processor.
- Add pecans, sugar, butter and salt and pulse motor until nuts are finely chopped.
- Press crumb mixture evenly onto bottom and side of a glass 10 x 2 inch deep dish pie plate and bake in middle of oven for eight minutes.
- Cool shell in plate on a rack.
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a bowl, and mix well.
- Whip cream and fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Add about 2 pint of berries to cream filling spoon filling into crust.
- Arrange remaining blueberries on top.
- Heat jelly in pan and glaze top of pie with jelly using pastry brush.
- Chill 3-4 hours.
Recipe makes one pie.