Apricot Ginger Scones from The Princess Anne Hotel
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup diced dried apricots
- ½ cup chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in food processor, and then process with a few quick pulses. Add butter and process until it resembles coarse meal, about 12 quick pulses.
- Transfer dough to a large bowl. Add ginger and apricots, toss to combine. Combine egg and cream together. Gently stir into flour mixture until dough begins to form.
- Transfer to a floured work surface. Knead dough by hand until it comes together, put into ¾-inch squares.
- Cut dough into three triangles or other desired shape.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned on top. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Makes eight scones.