graveyard fields trail
Hiking the mountains of Western North Carolina
Located at mile post 418.8 on the Blue Ridge Parkway, this 3.2-mile trail is a popular family hike thanks to its beauty and ease. The trail will lead hikers to Lower Falls (a moderate descent) as well as through open, grassy areas and past nice pools for wading on a hot summer day.
Length: 3.4 miles
Elevation Gain: 300 feet
Trail Type: Loop
Skill Level: Moderate
Duration: 2 hours
Trailhead Elevation: 5,100 feet
Top Elevation: 5,280 feet
Directions from Asheville
- Travel west on Patton Ave., which is also 19/23 S.
- Continue on 19/23 S when Patton Ave. becomes Smokey Park Hwy.
- Turn left on Pisgah Hwy., which is also 151 S.
- Stay on 151 S until you reach the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Turn right to go south on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Look for the parking area at milepost 418.8.
Find more hiking trails in the Asheville Area...